Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
To get the most out of BART during the current health crisis
There are many things that we must do differently now due to the current health crisis, and incident turnouts and altered procedures within the emergency services are no exception.
We’ve put together this list of different ways you can use the BART system to help with communications and situation awareness.
Communication is very important in this current situation, particularly when there may be more members available during the day.
- Discussions (Video: Linking every member via Discussions)
- Setup custom groups to communicate with (Videos: Create a BART Communication Cluster, Manage Broadcast Tags for your Group)
- Send a message to one or more members quickly (Video: Send a Broadcast to one or more Members)
- Send a BART message from your Email Account or SMS (Video: Sending a BART Broadcast via Email, Knowledgebase: Send BART Messages via SMS)
- Create and store internal and external Contacts (Video: Introduction to Contacts)
Use BART to see other members and appliances on a map within BART – in real time.
- Allow other members to see where you are when you tap thumbs up to attend a turnout (Videos: Respond to a BART Broadcast and Track me on Attending)
- Let others know your location via Grid reference or Lat/Long. (Video: Ways to Share your Location)
- Using the Appliance app to let members see the location, status and who’s onboard (Videos: Appliance Location and Statuses and Using the Crew Builder)
- Switch your profile to use the appliance app if you don’t have a dedicated device (video: Switch Profiles in the BART Team App).
There have been improvements and additions to Availability and you can see an overview (Video: Understanding Availability)
Events can help with organising and forward planning activities, strike teams and training sessions. Events be used in conjunction with the crew builder for recording member activity (Video: Introduction to Events)
- Downloading the BART Team App (Video: Download and Install the BART Team App)
- First steps to resolving phone issues (Video: Resolving Issues on your Smart Device – First Steps)
- Adding members to your group (Videos: Add New Members into your Group & Accepting Members via the BART Team App)
- A quick look at ‘Settings’ in the BART Team App (video: BART Settings Overview)
- Resetting the password by Members Video: Reset your Password)
- Resetting Member passwords by the BART Administrators (Video: Resetting a Members Password (Group Admins)