Home Forums Community Community Discussion Hydrant locations – what brigades can do to share locations

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

We all know our local hydrants and have hydrant maps but BART is a great tool if we are outside of our assignment area on a support call or as a strike team because it can show the nearest hydrants at your current location. If all hydrants in Victoria would be loaded into BART, every firefighter with the BART app could locate the nearest hydrants regardless where they are in the state.

Some brigades have already added hydrant and waterpoint locations with the Marker feature and it would be great if more brigades use this feature. A simpler option would be if brigades request their districts to support a request for water boards or GIS to provide all hydrant locations to be uploaded into BART and maybe all other providers. CFA has enough members to apply some bottom up pressure to make this important information available to all firefighters.

• thogan
      Participant

Hello,

once hydrant information is provided, hopw long does this take to upload into the system?

also what format do you require the hydrant information?

Cheers

Tyler

• klausmayer
      Participant

I had to upload the hydrants for our assignment area myself and they become available immediately this way.

Now that Bart has announced it will charge users, I can’t see that CFA will officially request hydrant locations to be made available for upload into a commercial system that charges volunteers for making their community a safer place.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.