Home Forums Technical Support Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

How do I Register for BART?

Head to the BART website http://www.bart.emerg.com.au and click ‘Register & Download’ at the top of the page, you can submit a registration request from here.

Downloaded the App, says I need a login?

Your brigade or unit needs to first register with BART.  Once registered, your brigade or unit administrator will provide you with a user id and password to log in. If you’re a Brigade/Unit Officer you can obtain a login by registering to use BART via the BART website.

What does it cost?

BART is currently a free service, there is no cost involved in using any of the Apps, Station platform or website.

What are these $ amounts/Credits for then?

Credits refer to SMS credits if you wish to make use of the SMS option which is not required to use BART.

I’ve registered, haven’t heard anything?

Once you’ve registered for BART you will generally receive an email ‘authorisation request’ within 3-5 Business days, once you’ve responded to this it can take anywhere between 1-10 business days to finalise your request.

Where can I download the APP/Update?

Apple/iOS – App Store/iTunes

Android – Google Play Store

Windows Phone 8 – Windows Phone Store

Tried to Register, got this request for authorisation, what does that mean?

To register you on BART we ask you to confirm you have access to the EAS Pager network, the easiest way to do this is by providing a recent pager message or a letter from your Brigade/Unit. The reason for this is:

A) so that we know you’re meant to have access to what you’re requesting and

B) So that we can ensure we setup the correct messages.

I’ve forgotten my password, how do I reset it?

Proceed to the website & click ‘BART LOGIN’ at the top of the page, you’ll then see a ‘Forgotten Your Password?’ link, if you click this and enter your email address, you’ll be sent a new password.

• EmergEmerg
      Keymaster

Have just updated some of the FAQ’s, if anyone has some suggestions of what else they would like to see here, please let us know!

• synique
      Participant

re:

Downloaded the App, says I need a login?

That’s correct, you can obtain a login by registering to use BART via the BART website

Is a better answer something like:

Your brigade or unit needs to first register with BART.  Once registered, your brigade or unit administrator will provide you with a user id and password to log in.

• EmergEmerg
      Keymaster

Thanks Geoff,

Have taken your feeback on board and updated the FAQ.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.